Craig Schindewolf, Ph.D.
Research Interests: : host-pathogen interactions, therapeutic applications of viral vectors, coronavirus biology, tropical diseases
Hometown: Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Education: Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch. MS in Applied Mathematics, New Jersey Institute of Technology. BA in Molecular Biology, Princeton University.
- Emerging and Tropical Infectious Diseases T32 Training Program, Trainee (2021 – 2022. NIH project number: 5T32AI007526-20. Director: Lynn Soong, MD)
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Microbiology and Immunology Department, Mardelle Susman Writing Award (2022)
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Institute for Human Infections & Immunity COVID-19 Pilot Grant (2021)
- American Society of Microbiology, Texas Branch: Fall Meeting Graduate Student Poster Presentation, First Place – Virus and Computational Microbiology Category (2021)
- American Society for Virology Student Registration Award (2021)
Interests Outside Lab: sports, birding, boardgames, cooking