The laboratory of Dr. Bruce E. Torbett is looking for three Staff Scientists to be respective workstream leaders in the following projects:
1- Lentiviral Vector Engineering and Improved Gene Delivery to Hematopoietic Stem Cells (Project ID 2021-40233)
This translational work aims to improve the delivery of therapeutic genes and gene-modifying agents for the purpose of genetic correction as well as the prevention of viral infections. The candidate will be involved in setting up and managing studies to determine restrictions of lentiviral vector (LV) entry to HSCs and how they can be overcome by using small molecule transduction enhancers (PMID 24914132, 31416800), alternate surface envelopes (PMID 30603655), or engineering improved producer cell lines. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Cell/Molecular Biology related field with documented experience in production and use of lentiviral vectors in primary cells, preclinical testing of LV gene therapy in humanized mouse models, as well as familiarity with standard virology techniques.
Basic Qualifications: lentiviral (LV) vector production and gene delivery to primary cells, preclinical testing of LV vectors in humanized mouse models, standard virology assays (neutralization, titer, packaging efficiency), multicolor flow cytometry analysis and cell sorting, cell culture of primary cells and cell lines, RT-qPCR, protein and nucleic acid isolation and analysis.
Preferred Qualifications: immunoassays (eg. p24 ELISA), gene targeting with CRISPR/Cas9 or equivalent, experience working in BSL2+ and BSL3 biocontainment environments, fluorescence microscopy.
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and run a workstream in an autonomous manner in close coordination with Principal Investigator
- Development/Writing of Grants and Funding Opportunities
- Meet with Principal Investigator on a regular basis to discuss proposed/ongoing studies, discuss implications of findings, and provide insights into new research directions
- Within the candidate’s area of expertise, actively support Principal Investigator in training and supervising of Post-Doctoral Fellows, Graduate Students, and Technicians
- Run research projects in an independent manner
- Write manuscripts, present data at national and international conferences
- Assist PI in writing progress reports, grant proposals, protocols
- Protocol development and review
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Develop additional scientific skills as appropriate for the research project and carry out research/development activities of assigned research projects.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and skills
INSTRUCTIONS: Interested candidates please e-mail email@example.com directly and include CV, three references, and a Cover Letter. Please include Project ID in the Subject Line